Terms & Conditions
- Exchange: We will exchange items that are not damaged or spoilt. The condition of the return is that the goods must be sent in the original untorn packaging, and goods must not be soiled or damaged in any way. For exchanged goods postage applies. Please ensure you have sufficient postage for goods being sent to us. We advise that you send return goods by registered post. The exchange of goods ONLY relate to stock items and not for the goods manufactured specifically to your requirements including all Ballroom Dance shoes, and special request of larger shoes made to order. We cannot be responsible for goods sent to us that are lost or damaged in transit. Exchanged or Replacement shoes due to wrong size ordered which is not our responsibility and will be subject to postage again. Our suggested sizes are for guidance only. All complaints should be reported to us within 7 days and not afterwards.
- A cancellation period of 7 working days applies starting from the day after the day on which you received the goods. The customer must bear the cost of the goods returned to us. This applies to all stock items. Your cancellation rights are allowed under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Where goods are made to measure or to the customer’s specification, the cancellation period does not apply. This applies to all Ladies and Men’s Ballroom shoes with heels or with different heels or colours, and any other dance shoes. Please double check your orders to ensure satisfaction. We shall remake the shoes if they do not fit or have any faults. If you have ordered the wrong size that does not fit your feet, then this is not our responsibility. You must make sure of your size and fittings before you place the order.
- All our dance shoes are made in our associated manufacturing factories abroad and normally take about 6 to 12 weeks subject to availability of the materials. The dance shoes are made by hand to your specific requirements of the designs shown to you in our site, your widths, and your heel heights for Ballroom Shoes, Tango Dance, Special Selections, Flamenco Dance Glitter, Other Dance Shoes, and Court Shoes. Other dance shoes include those made with special large sizes to your requirements.
- All our shoes for Ballet, Glitter, Jazz Dance Shoes, Highland & Irish Dance shoes and some other shoes are supplied subject to us having stock. If you have any urgent requirements, please ring or write to check if these are in our stock. All out of stock items will be made in our factories abroad in time to your requirements.
- All Ballroom Dance Shoes, Tango Dance, Court Shoes, Vegan Dance, Special Dance shoes in Flamenco and other styles take about 3 to 10 weeks to make in our factories subject to availability of materials and designs. These are specifically made for you to your requirements and cannot be returned.
- Exchanged goods must be returned within 21 days of dispatch. A Postal charge of £6.75 will be applicable, for postage and packaging the goods to the customers. This condition applies to stock items and not any other shoes manufactured and excludes Equity-Freed Shoes, as they charge higher rates for stock in charge for such exchanges. All returned goods must only be returned to Bowry Holdings Limited, 10 Feathery Drive, Glen Parva, Leicester LE2 9NY. UK
- We cannot take responsibility or liability for events that are beyond our reasonable control, which may delay the delivery of your goods. All goods are made in our UK Factories, Associated Factories and Our Associated Factories abroad.
Ballroom Shoes and some Dance Shoes made in our associated factories abroad are all with Suede Leather Soles will take between 4 to 10 weeks, or longer due to the shoes being handmade. You must allow us to make these shoes and some delays will occur and you must bear this in mind at the time of ordering. We can put the resin soles from time to time at an extra cost. We can also make Vegan Shoes with no leather with resin soles as a special extra cost. All other Jazz shoes and Boots are with Rubber soles and different uppers and glitter fabrics.
- For any shows or events all goods must be ordered well in advance and customers should give us 10 to 12 weeks’ notice, or longer for us to procure materials to make your goods. Deliveries for goods made abroad may take longer from 6 weeks to 12 weeks, or longer subject to the availability of local components. Once orders are placed, they cannot be cancelled as the materials would have been purchased at the time of the orders being placed.
- Overseas customers must pay by bank transfer and pay all local and overseas bank charges at the time of making the transfer of funds to us.
- New delivery charges to the UK are £4.50, and any larger packets that do not go through the Post Office template will be charged at £6.75 for each item. Additional ordered items will be charged at £3.50 and Large items at £6.75.
Please note we are unable to show the exact postal charges on all items which are deemed to be large packets by the post office and can advise you here in the terms and conditions.
All postal charges are applicable at the time of despatch of the goods.
Courier and next day charges are at £10.00 extra plus vat. Multiple items will attract a postal cost of £3.50 or more for normal shoes and for Ballroom shoes £6.75. Ballroom shoes are now classed as large item parcel by the Post Office. The courier charge of £10.00 plus VAT extra for single items to multiple items from £11.75 to £17.63 plus VAT. Please check other charges with us for all other countries. Air mail charges abroad are £14 to £18.
- On all returns or exchanges for the Equity-Freed shoes a high charge for the Postage and Packaging must be paid because we must obtain the goods again from London. These Charges, including stock in charge for Freed of London are £15.00 plus postage of £6.75 which must be paid. We then must send the exchanged goods back to them in London. Therefore, you must make sure that your sizes are correct. All Dance Step Ballroom shoes are now made by Freed of London, the new owners of the trademark from Equity shoes. Equity Shoes are no longer in business for the Dance Shoes. Any old styles shown will be replaced by the current new designs in accordance with the current stocks.
- All Dance shoes are made with the Suede Leather Soles, and these cannot be worn outside as normal shoes because you would damage the soles. We offer the service to put hard soles at an extra cost depending on the shoes.
- Cancelled orders will all be subject to a surcharge of £10 plus VAT for each item of the shoes as an administration and handling charge. All Financial charges of the card companies will also be charged to you. The shoes which are opened for fitting and trials, a surcharge a surcharge of £10.00 plus VAT will be applied as an administration charge and repacking and re-stocking into our warehouse.
- Trade Supplies to Shops, Dance Schools, Agents, Other Dance Institutions. On all returns or exchanges carriage must be paid, and there will be a surcharge of 25% for re-stocking and handling. Goods must also be in the same good condition as supplied. All goods must be sent back to us postage or delivery paid by the sender. Cancelled trade or institution, shops and clubs’ orders will all be subject to a surcharge of £10 plus VAT for each item of shoes as an administration and handling charge. All charges are subject to VAT at the current rate.
- The details given in all our size charts are merely for guidance only as an approximate size, as we cannot be held responsible for size variations due to materials, or your measurements and the normal different fitting size of varied individual shoe and foot fittings. Our Size chart is the measurement of our factory lasts per the manufacturing procedures. It is your responsibility to check your size before ordering. We can offer advice on the measurement of your foot, but the ultimate responsibility remains with you to make sure you order the right size. Our manufacturing facility has made many thousands of shoes from these shoe lasts and do not have any problems for the UK sizes, the USA sizes go up by two whole sizes approximately. If the shoes are wrongly ordered, then you must pay for the cost of the shoe and the postage again as these shoes are made to your requirements by width and the heel height of your own choice.
- We do our best to manufacture shoes in close resemblance to our photos and images however we reserve the right to change the materials or the colours of the shoes if they are not available and may be shown in the pictures previously, as each shoe picture can be different at the time of taking the picture and the colours are not always representative of all true colours. This applies to Freed Equity shoes too. We can also make alterations to the designs from time to time.
All personal information and data of our customers and visitors to our online store is kept strictly confidential and not shared with anyone outside our business or any third parties. Your privacy rights are fully respected by our company and our employees.